moving forward...
she wants me to fall back
play the peacemaker again
after years of getting nowhere
I gave it up
Though not entirely...if biting one’s tongue
and saying nothing counts
peace only becomes a reality
when both parties want success
she, is learning that...
Now if countries could learn that too...
perhaps there would be less warring
some are only willing to bend
so far - until given ultimatums -
and even then, they cheat, whine,
beg, destroy
Those who try to love them unconditionally -
they create the need for conditions
stubborn people only want things
done the way they want them -
or not at all
Not being in their shoes, I try not to judge...
how they choose to use their time
so I remain non-committal
make no promises - I’ve got
more than enough piled high
on my own plate
To make any demands of anyone else...
I need my space and my time too
I’m choosing brandied peaches with
vanilla ice cream, I’ve had enough
humble pie and crow
©JP/davh
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.
I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.
Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.