Saturday, August 10, 2013

amature ornothologist : a different haibun...

amature ornothologist
unexpected travel plans
have me keeping you
company as you have
to return to your office
to pick up supplies be-
fore returning to rest
for a not so early flight
that will take you away
so I look here and there
spotting things that are
familiar, things that are
in the process of change
and those things that have
completely rearranged and have
with natural time or assistance have in fact vanished
there by entryway to the industrial park’s green space
I spot them, on guard, yet resting comfortably on
stray straight barren limbs that contrast
compared to the green tree that
they stick out from, looming
rather large they are a two,
of what I believe to be a pair
Osprey or fish hawk - have
they studied the habits of
the people that enter and
exit their territory - I did
see a nest I believe and
are majestic there while
dusk lingers highlighting
their white heads as they
silently, statuesquely perch

a different kind of
prey...they wait the osprey watch
as we pass by them



©JP/davh
(osprey , common name for a bird of prey related to the hawk and the New World vulture)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.