in synch (series for) MLM and CD prompts 12.17
so cold - teeth chatter
so numb, but not quite enough
to find rest in sleep
some friend to invite me north,
make me sleep on the cold floor
I was not prepared
to sleep as if on winter
grasses - such a state
after the fire was out,
the thermostat turned low
my skin like that of
withered mums outside the home
of the dark country
teasing the pre-teen soul that
expected comfort and warmth
even anger was
not enough to raise my hopes
of surviving night
morning came, not soon enough
mourning the end of that friend
my senses alert
I vowed to never be so
cold ever again
like blooming orchids
in a well kept greenhouse - I
would know constant warmth
from more than just the weather
I would also keep warm hearts
©JP/dh
Ha asks us to write about ‘This Chill’ and Chèvrefeuille asks us to incorporate or play
again with these past themes: Carpe Diem # 68 Winter Grasses, # 82 Withered Mums
and # 294, Orchids. And so I have... in synch (or sync) noun : (1930-35; shortened form
of synchronization) 2. harmony or harmonious relationship.
Also note: I do not think it is fair of anyone to host another (especially a child) and expect
them to understand and adapt to weather to which they may not be prepared for. The family
I stayed with basically had no heat on at night. In the middle of winter in Connecticut it is more than just a slight chill that seeps into ones bones.
What a bleak cold memory yet you write it with a touch of humour - love it!
ReplyDeleteI love how you incorporated the themes into a cold memory. So unexpected usage. I really enjoyed the read!
ReplyDelete