A Toast to Foretaste (a haibun) 12.25
Checking our own lists
Watered the plants
Washed the dishes
Add more seed to the squirrel...
Bird feeder
Busy day
On the calendar
Family feasting -
Overnight in Maryland
Early flight south on the ‘morrow
Landing before the sun sets
The ‘Key’ to a week away
see that silver bird
I might be sitting in it -
thinking of warm sand
Might be a tad quiet here
Over the next week or so
Though I’ll attempt
To stick my two cents in
Upon occasion
Routines will return to that
So-called normal, perhaps
When the calendar page turns...
Just when we’ll return is
Still a tad open-ended
We’ll make some memories
To keep, and some to share...
soon enough, just blink -
deplane, rent car; register
adventure begins...
©JP/dh
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.
I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.
Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.