Oh, Dear;
I know you don’t care that the seasons change for me, as you are
a permanent ‘snowbird’ - funny how your doc has told you the sun
isn’t good for you. Yet, I guess for you - There will be no more snow.
I know you’d like to do the meet and greet thing with people you haven’t
met yet. And fret about never meeting. The newest family or to-be family
members. But, I guess for you - There will be no more snow.
I know you’d want me to call more often - but it’s a strain to hear how much
pain you might be in, when there isn’t anything I can do. I don’t know for you
what is imagined or real - except for that for you - there will be no more snow.
I know that fawning doesn’t make a difference - so that’s why I’ve stopped.
Unconditional love occasionally calls for the words; “I’m sorry” and “I was
wrong.” I can live with, that for you - there will be no more snow.
I know that compromise trumps fear and that there is just a whole heck of a lot
stuff I can’t change. Maybe by now you have finally learned that too, that I have
worth, a different value? And maybe one day for me - there will be no more snow.
JP/davh
#124 Dear Poets of WWP,
What exactly is an Epistle Poem?
This week's prompt is to write an epistle poem.
http://wewritepoems.wordpress.com/2012/09/26/prompt-124-its-post-your-poems-day/
Process notes: The best way to jump into the unfamiliar is to do so with both feet.
Perhaps I’m not sinking? But it doesn’t quite feel like swimming. Just treading water
while waiting for it to rain...
Wednesday, September 26, 2012
8 comments:
Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.
I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.
Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks for this one. brought up so many images from past and present, and all those feelings. Although I don't go out much in winter, I still love seeing the snow and am grateful I live where there are four seasons.
ReplyDeleteElizabeth
http://soulsmusic.wordpress.com/2012/09/26/a-thank-you-note-to-katniss-everdeen/
Love the repetition of the line, 'There will be no more snow.' Inspires me to think up a poem with such emphasis. I can so relate from personal experience the desire not to call as feeling helpless at another's pain. Thank you for sharing poem.
ReplyDeleteThe structure of this poem is perfect for the subject matter, and you have treated a delicate theme with sensitivity and love.
ReplyDeleteSlowly distancing yourself from the pain of a loved one is a hard, emotional road, These things always impact the survivors more harshly, because they are the ones who know that "there will be no more snow" for their loved one. An elegant portrayal of a sensitive theme.
ReplyDeleteViv is absolutely right: the "I know, but..." structure here really enhances this poem's power. really fine work, this.
ReplyDeleteThis is a very formulated piece, Jules, and touching to read.
ReplyDeleteThis comes at a time I can truly appreciate it. Beautifully done.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful job. So emotional and intense!
ReplyDelete