Stroll
Johanna let her hair fall in loose tresses, watched her silhouette in the
rich color of the lyric sunset - peering occasionally in her roan, Booker’s
direction to watch him saunter in the rich lilting exterior of the meadow they
had found themselves in.
It seemed as if there were an artist painting every deep green blade
of grass, and the hues of oranges, reds and yellow leaves of trees
where like a poetic alliteration barely whispering almost silent yet
sensuous just the same.
This had to be the calm before the storm - a warrior doesn’t get many
days like this to be at peace. She took out her sword - and though she had
thoroughly cleaned it numerous times could always envision the spot stained
with her mother’s blood.
The blade that her sister Regina had used to kill for the sake of her own regal
advancement and for the first time, could find no trace of that evil deed.
Jo knew she was on a journey, and the direction had just changed - now she
was no longer running away from something but towards a goal.
After shedding one final tear upon the sword her father had made for her -
Jo slowly rose and softly whistled for Booker, mounted and let the roan
use his horse sense to carry them up the mountain and through
the thickest fog they had ever encountered...
JP/davh
http://sundaywhirl.wordpress.com/2012/09/16/wordle-74-a-bakers-dozen-from-walt/
Thanks Walt...I used them all in the poem so I had to make my own title. So I looked up ‘saunter’ in the Thesaurus and came up with an alternate meaning for the title.
artist , sensuous, lilting, rich, exterior, silent, silhouette, color
saunter, lyric, peering, alliteration, tresses
Story Verse A piece 13....for those who would like to start from one of the beginnings;
http://julesgemsandstuff.blogspot.com/p/story-verse-a.html
Story Verse B, also on its own page is connected.
Sunday, September 16, 2012
13 comments:
Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.
I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.
Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh, that sword would have so many mixed memories and feelings within it each time she looked at it. Her mother's blood shed on it, how awful that memory must be.
ReplyDeleteVery atmospheric write Jules. I could 'see' the field where her horse was stood with all the beautiful autumn leaves
A nice read! I like what you did.
ReplyDeleteSo vivid and a wonderful prose piece!
ReplyDeleteI could feel the moisture sink into my skin. Thanks for taking me somewhere else this morning, Jules. Your imagery captivates.
ReplyDeleteEvery story has a breathing space where the hero/heroine finds a few moments to allow life to catch up and alter direction. You plotted it well and allowed us to be in that moment. Carry on, my friend,
ReplyDeleteElizabeth
http://soulsmusic.wordpress.com/2012/09/16/attempted-alliteration/
Brenda used the word that I had in my head for your works, Jules. Captivating. The thread you weave into you stories is seamless. A true tribute to your style!
ReplyDeleteA great way to use the words and have the reader hooked
ReplyDeleteLove that first stanza. Great poetry! I love how the story travels from prompt to prompt :)
ReplyDeleteYes as CC stated I too enjoy how the story travels along from prompt to prompt. Thank you Jules :)
ReplyDeleteI am going to try once again to comment on one of your posts. I try every week, and to no avail. I then will leave a comment on your comment on mine, hoping that you check back! Blogspot hates me, apparently - because I abandoned them a couple of years ago - for precisely this reason! They would not let others from WP comment on my blog!
ReplyDeleteOK: You Wordle entry for this week is ab fab! I love especially the line:
"reds and yellow leaves of trees
where like a poetic alliteration barely whispering almost silent yet
sensuous just the same."
It is interesting that we took a rather artistic view of the words - I have not had the time to read others yet (I will do my best). Did you read Walt's poem from which he drew these words? I wonder if it is also artist theme inspired?
Good job once again - and your is also melancholic, but hopeful! hope your Aunt's life was hopeful in the end.
I am going to try once again to comment on one of your posts. I try every week, and to no avail. I then will leave a comment on your comment on mine, hoping that you check back! Blogspot hates me, apparently - because I abandoned them a couple of years ago - for precisely this reason! They would not let others from WP comment on my blog!
ReplyDeleteOK: You Wordle entry for this week is ab fab! I love especially the line:
"reds and yellow leaves of trees
where like a poetic alliteration barely whispering almost silent yet
sensuous just the same."
It is interesting that we took a rather artistic view of the words - I have not had the time to read others yet (I will do my best). Did you read Walt's poem from which he drew these words? I wonder if it is also artist theme inspired?
Good job once again - and your is also melancholic, but hopeful! hope your Aunt's life was hopeful in the end.
I always moderate my comments for spam...so comments don't show up right away.
ReplyDeleteI did read Walt's piece. Sometimes the words tend to lean in on direction. It is always interesting to see where other writers go. :)
I loved your piece. You are so creative and vivid with your words! And thanks for visiting my Wordle, too. Very much appreciated.
ReplyDelete