Sunday, September 23, 2012

Sunday Whirl #75: Nuts and Bolts

Nuts and Bolts
In the damp cave Acheron never felt trapped, he could live quite nicely
within the round corners of his cave system with his carefully stored bundles.
Though his recovery was slow he was willing to weather the storm
and remain hidden.

With the all the ash he could bring from his fire pit - from burning all the
secreted Holy Relics he had stolen that were once mere decorations
along the sacred mountain he had so often climbed freely with his twin
sister Nevaeh he was able to create a new skin...

Acheron had covered his unclothed self with the pure white powder and
bespoke a rather long spell promoting new and youthful growth. It had sounded
as if metallic hardware was rattling on the hard dirt floor as his old husk shook
and fell to the ground around his feet.

Along with this new body came a new voice, and a rather handsome face -
But one he would not be parading around with until his keen mind had carefully
tweaked and settled into every altered apostrophe. While he had severed his
connection to his sister, he was sure she would recognize him.

He would have to take his time recuperating - As he knew The Mountain would
also reject his essence - this was indeed the last shot he had to underscore
and re-tip the balance of the scales into his favor. He wanted to destroy hope,
faith and everyone else’s magic...

JP/davh

Story Verse A piece 14
Thanks again to Brenda for a great list that has helped me add yet another page to my continuing story.

http://sundaywhirl.wordpress.com/2012/09/23/wordle-75/
damp, trapped, husk, shook, bring, corners,
bundles, climbed, bolts, storm, remain, ash

19 comments:

  1. Oh,.... I actually said that out loud when I reached the part that he wanted to destroy hope, faith and everyone else's magic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool beans! I love image of Acheron's new skin. It's a stunning idea. The transformation draws me in as your reader. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't help but wonder what it would look and feel like to settle into an altered apostrophe. Indeed, what would such an apostrophe look like? :)

    A Little Whirl

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...and the plot thickens... I love these installments (as you know).

    ReplyDelete
  5. This feels so ancient and far away. And for some reason, I detect the scent of moss .... :)

    ~ Misky
    http://miskmask.wordpress.com/2012/09/23/grandmothers-five-bolts/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that...the detection of the sent of moss... Thanks.

      Delete
  6. Following your story has become a looked-forward to part of my week - this episode is no different ... I, too love the image of Acheron's new skin ... nicely done

    http://seingrahamsays.wordpress.com/2012/09/22/releasing-an-angel/

    ReplyDelete
  7. why are we more fascinated by the evil doer's doings? Maybe it is the hope that we will not be sucked in by the attractive facade they seem to so easily create. Love how you detailed that process here. Again, your creativity is a gift. Thank you,

    Elizabeth
    http://soulsmusic.wordpress.com/2012/09/23/darkening-echo/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have not followed your tale, but find that this episode is a stand-alone stand-out.....very magical stuff

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jules, I love the continuation of this story. It is magical indeed, and I love "settled into every altered apostrophe". What an intriguing image that brings to mind.

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the ‘punctuation’ feed back on Nuts and Bolts. I was looking for an alliteration for ‘altered’ and well to me ‘apostrophe’ could really be any curve of the body. I was thinking of the curved back of an elder, now straightened…but then there could be many other images too.

      Delete
  10. Interesting and strong mythical feel, i too love the apostrophe :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're bringing back the old serials with your weekly continuances. I too look forward to them, Jules.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the concept of new skin and settling into a new way of being. Wouldn't we all love to be able to do that?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the "altered apostrophe," but for me it would be huge parentheses around my mouth, ha ha ha. This is an intriguing twist to the story... not a fan of alteration, but hey, sometimes it's necessary. Me, I'm fine with this face and the grey - I earned it all! Thanks, Jules. Peace, Amy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.