Wednesday, May 2, 2012

WWP 104 'I wandered lonely as a cloud'

I wandered lonely as a cloud...

as if in the ether
ones and zeroes
lining, whirling, twirling, and making no sense
nonsense
until redirected into a spatial vortex
in an airless vaccum
like a breathless shadow

wanting, expecting, touch and voice
and yet there are nought of those things here
even in the bluest of skies
after a night of full rain
thunder and lightining
only those things with essence that understands such
phenomenon as rainbows - ever fleeting

like a breathless shadow
in an airless vaccum
until redirected into a spatial vortex
sense
lines, curved and straight - sentenced
zeroes and ones
the poet exists within a poem...

JulesPaige/davh (May 2, 2012)

Written for:
http://wewritepoems.wordpress.com/2012/05/02/prompt-104-its-post-your-poems-day/

4 comments:

  1. You've given me my first "damn-why-didn't-I-think-of-that?" since I don't know when. Now I'm going to have to start dropping appreciation notes into DropBox

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gem! I like the symmetry of the first and third stanzas. This begs re-reading. Nicely written.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "a breathless shadow in an airless vacuum"- This image struck me quite hard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sent my mind spinning into your vortex - the binary math/science imagery is wonderful, adding to the lonely mystery of your poem.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.