Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Fair or Foul Whether: a Kyrielle for Wordgathering


Fair or Foul Whether
She shed her tears, some easily
Thinking of his face, soft yet cruel
He was her Tarzan, she was Jane
Now all that was left, the repeating rain.

Now it mattered not, day or night
Grey glass reflecting her sad eyes
Lonesome lamb seeking lions’ mane
Now all that was left, the repeating rain.

Her giving heart, gave all that it could
For men now, her trust was broken
He’d left her only with disdain
Now all that was left, the repeating rain.

There underneath the willow tree
Buried deep beneath branch and root
She toiled to hid him, throat well slain
Now all that was left, the repeating rain.

After all the grief he caused
She felt that death was a kindness
They would not find trace of his stain
Now all that was left, the repeating rain.

JP/davh (May 8, 2012)

So then this is a non-traditional Kyrielle? The process was write a list of rhyming words first and treat it like a wordle. I only used 6 of the 8, with the theme of ‘rain’ as that is what my weather has been, is and will be more of the same!

Generally I’m not a forms person... but ‘She’ drug me a kicking and screaming...
Thank you, Margo!
http://margoroby.wordpress.com/2012/05/08/kyrielle-kyrielle-kyrielle/

6 comments:

  1. Not as dark as I feared but still enough so to keep my imagination in gear. Did you find it difficult to write this form? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am full of admiration, not least for your methodology. You made life difficult for yourself and came out of it, head held high, with an excellent poem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jules, I absolutely love this, particularly the refrain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's part of the Kyrielle form...And it was raining :)

      Delete
  4. really like hte repeat of all that is left is the repeating rain...Lonesome lamb seeking lions’ mane...is a wicked cool line as well...and wicked bit of a story as well...hide the bodies well...smiles...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Part of the Kyrielle is to have a repeating refrain...and well it was raining that day...While I really do have a willow tree - there are no bodies buried beneath it. I like that when one writes they can become 'other characters' ...I think some of this comes from all the CSI shows I watch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.