Thursday, May 9, 2013

IDentifying Her Heart: WWP # 155




IDentifying Her Heart


Id was a star at the festival
where the students displayed
their talents - singing, dancing,
painting, clay craft, and drawing too
or as in her own child's counterpart
position - simple, though it was
just a table with pen and paper
and a notice waiting to offer
free verse on any subject...

Id took those ideas offered and oversaw
the writing of the ideas, sentences emotive,
creatively and well formed, flowing,  -  even back
then back then over forty years ago when the locally
famous water colorist, the mother of a classmate was
so delighted and impressed that artist painted, and
gifted her own art in exchange for her customized
poem...that piece is now framed and honorably
placed in our home...

Id regretted having to take a backseat
when it came to actually living - symbiotic
relationships were like that.  Full of the unexpected,
disappointment, grief, isolation all became the blue-white
hot flame of existence that fed and engorged imagination,
retaliation, and recreation. With pen and paper still to
this day, inspired by everything the adult still learns
and plays with words and writing flows -
verse on practically any subject...

©JP/davh
*Id are the instincts closely connected with the body

The first piece to this series is titled:
'aMUSEd'


7 comments:

  1. If you're using the name 'Id' (a psychoanalytical concept), it'll have to be psychological but the use of the third person prevents it from being so. Just my own feeling, Jules.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cannot instinct have a name? Perhaps Rebel would have been a better choice for a name? However, I've always been a rule breaker. Best to write about what one knows...and how one is comfortable doing so.

      "Know thyself" and all.
      And is it also truth that our muse is really that which is within us? 'Me, myself and I...and all that. :)

      Delete
  2. I think it fabulous Jules I love the entire concept! Tomorrow I will post the second in my series but I just couldn't wait to read =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep pen and paper at the ready...all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that you've personalised the concept. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've written about aspects of my own self in the third person. In a sense, I'm kind of doing this with the current prompts. So I understand where you're coming from here, except you're taking a more literal approach with "Id".

    I can relate to the feeling of part of me being in the background except when emerging forth to create...and it can feel frustrating.

    -Nicole

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.