Wednesday, July 18, 2012

We Write Poems #114 Engraved

Read the reeds as they sway
Read the leaves of trees
And too the paper leaves - some bound in books
The words I wrote while living...
They were and are a part of me, my gift to you

See with your heart
See deserts, rain forests and oceans
And too the waves of amber grains
The world created for the living...
Gems and jewels with imperfections, so many gifts

Rest a while as you visit
Rest among your dreams
And too remember all I was - my hopes bound within
The words I wrote while living
They helped to set me free, my gift to you

On this stone Engraved...Poetically Yours,

We Write Poems 114

7 comments:

  1. "They helped to set me free, my gift to you,"

    Such truth to that last sentence...love the nature flow to yours, too, Jules!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This had me swaying like reeds in a breeze right from the beginning. Nice rhythm!! I like "rest among your dreams..." This is a gift, indeed. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poetically yours indeed--this is so soothing and real, and the one chord that struck are the words left behind, that resonates.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nicely done....thanks for sharing your words

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautifully written epitaph, which is the perfect example of the words you wrote.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just lovely, Jules. I love the lyrical nature of it, the sway of syntax. Excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jules, a lush piece filled with your LIFE. That is what an epitaph is for, and I believe we should all write our own if we choose. Amy
    http://sharplittlepencil.com/2012/07/20/how-i-left-it-epitaph-for-we-write-poems/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.