Wednesday, July 11, 2012

WWP 113: Weis Words

Weis Words?

Oh, Henry, Little Debbie cried eggs-citetly   
Simply Orange in their life vests freshly
Squeezed from the sinking ship into
Lifesavors they went...

Iceberg! Lettuce be thankful we’re out of that pickle
Not quite the Titanic, but... when the Rubbermaid Kraft
Finally reached shore they could call Scott
To come and take them to Aunt Jemima’s and Uncle Ben’s Log Cabin

Once safe they could recuperate from their ordeal and enjoy a
Fancy Feast of La Bonne Vie brie, Acme Smoked Nova Salmon,
Swiss Premium Lemonade, anything but Ball Park Franks
and Bush’s Baked Beans...


(….and that’s as far as I went cookie, sohappy trail-mix to you ‘till we meat again...)

JP/davh

http://wewritepoems.wordpress.com/2012/07/11/prompt-113-its-post-your-poems-day/

I really wasn’t sure what to do with this prompt...Addled brain inspired at 1am this morning came up with the above... So you can believe in low light, on scrap paper, pencil and no glasses - I came up with some light-hearted play. Weis is one of our local markets, Bold = name brand, regular is just items found in the supermarket, and or their advertised slogans, italics are my two cents worth - Enjoy.

7 comments:

  1. Quite the punny take on some delectable delights. Love the humor in this. Well done Jules.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delightful! I like that whole scenario...and such humor! "Iceberg! Lettuce be thankful we’re out of that pickle
    Not quite the Titanic,..." I think you outdone the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever, clever, clever! Thanks for some fun in the grocery store!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, Jules, because it is such fun and so playful and my brain can't work this way while at the same time thoroughly appreciating it. I'm giggling and shall read it again to laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to write a second comment because it is such wonderful fun. I may be inspired to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, that sounds clever and funny! Great job on this, Jules! :-)

    Subhan Zein

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.