Sunday Whirl Wordle #67 Number 8 in Story series A
When a Nag is Not a Horse...
Johannah enjoyed the new yet often strange towns she was riding through
The passage was not rough and became easier the closer she seemed to get
To the now wizard free kingdom - She had a sublime notion that she might settle
Into some robust occupation freed of the memory of her wayward sister
Too clearly Jo remembered the uncontrolled frenzy that lit up Regina’s eyes
When she held the warrior sword that she would use to kill their mother, the former queen
Regina would attack everything she did with a cold heart, each and every fancy ball
Would be a calculated maneuver to channel information and funds for future campaigns
Those who had yet to fall would soon be falling in line, or be towing the line
A cruel short tethered leash that would choke and restrict the freedom that had existed
Jo could only hope that once she felt safe enough, far enough and perhaps joined by
The strength of good magics that she might one day return home
However every time those thoughts escaped from that dark shadowed corner of her mind
Jo would brandish them back - her soul still pining for her lost mother, though that woman
Was possibly only a pawn on the great Chess Board game of life and Regina took full advantage
Of controlling almost every piece that strayed upon her playing field
As Jo neared the kingdom of the once sleeping princess she dismounted her steed Booker -
That is if the tavern stories were true - the once great evil that held her was broken
By a child, once called Here-boy - First she was to seek out Morganna the younger princess who had escaped capture by pretending to be a shepherdess...
Wordle 67 (The 8th piece in Series A)
http://sundaywhirl.wordpress.com/2012/07/29/wordle-67/
wayward, falling, frenzy, attack, sublime, strange, settle, rough, channel, ball, robust, life
Sunday, July 29, 2012
8 comments:
Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.
I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.
Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am amazed how each piece based the same words is so different...lovely piece.
ReplyDeleteI reckon this is part of an on-going saga - a brilliant use of the wordle.
ReplyDeleteYou do have such fun with these and we get the story!
ReplyDeleteThis has great potential for expanding into a much longer story. Well done.
ReplyDeleteI like coming here, each week, and picking up the next segment of the story. The wordle words are a good excuse for leaving the familiar and going in search of the different. Another good write, Jules,
ReplyDeleteElizabeth
Thanks all for your encouragement of this and my other continuing sagas. Sometimes I add to story verse A and sometimes to Story verse B and I have created those titled separate pages here on this blog for anyone who wishes to read the verses in story order.
ReplyDeleteOnce in a great while the wordle list doesn't fit either story. And sometimes I have used the list to create the Mermaid Verse stories. I've two of those that I haven't separated (yet) on that page that have also been created using Wordles or other word lists. One Mermaid story features an older Mermaid woman and one features a young girl befriending a young girl mermaid.
As others state it is most often where the words want to be taken. I have, I think little control as to where the muse wishes to go. I am also in awe at how one list has multiple interpretations. Wordle on!
ooh, very atmospheric. I like the tittle, too!
ReplyDeleteThe sister Regina sounds like a right nasty character I hope Jp will be safe from all her evil deeds but, somehow the story isn't over yet. Yes, the wordle words disappeared easily into this story.
ReplyDelete