Hardcore, Poisoned Apple? (a haibun) 2.26 s
I knew from some of the very first moments of understanding
that I was not and would never be ‘the favorite’.
Don’t even try to lie to me.
While they may shift and even switch - parents play favorites.
I guess I can forgive that I reminded you of your first love
...who died because of reasons beyond your control...
though the blame was placed on your shoulders -
I do believe there was more than quite enough to go around.
I guess I really have no choice but to forgive -
as I am the middle child and not even a son.
The son that your second wife took from you (your boy)- but you got
to meet him (as a man) and spoil him when he came to live with you.
After much time when we all lived in separate states
it came time for vacations you expected me and mine to visit you.
But my locale, my family wasn’t high on your radar for holidays.
You only came when you had to, to show your face -
And even then you were late to the party - embarrassing me.
Expecting the royal treatment - huff, puff always complaining.
And yet it was you who were penny wise and pound foolish.
But then who am I to judge?
The Monkey in the proverbial middle.
One of the thousands of monkeys typing away -
words that you would never read
because I was the one that the professions thought
was ...less - in regards to standard of being educated
because I had my own unique way to process grief and emotions.
angst thought long gone rears
through the cracking foundations, creeps -
begone bewitched script
©JP/dh
Phoenix Rising...
“... develop some of those dreaded “anti-love” poems.“
Adding to Wikems prompt on Gravity: I took a ‘less’ scientific route of emotions – but with the apple connection… I choose to use this piece for Wikems too.
Anomalies and discrepancies: There are some observations that are not adequately accounted for, which may point to the need for better theories of gravity or perhaps be explained in other ways.
The bit about the “apple”
Word Origin and History for gravity n. c.1500, "weight, dignity, seriousness," from Middle French gravité"seriousness, thoughtfulness," and directly from Latin gravitate m(nominative gravitas) "weight, heaviness, pressure," from gravis "heavy"(see grave (adj.)). The scientific sense of "force that gives weight to objects" first recorded 1640s.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.
I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.
Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.