a haibun: Rail Rider
I used to ride two different trains everyday
first from one state to another
and then to my destination
there is a different feeling being in an underground city
protected from the weather
everything there at your fingertips
well maybe...there are also the strangers
the ones that stay at stationary positions, who work there
and the seemingly uncountable flocks of people
there is the express and the local
the symphony of the inner workings of a clock
the schedules to be kept and the waiting
sometimes you get a seat and sometimes you stand
sometimes you grip a pole or a hanging hand rail
sometimes you can walk from car to car to car
I have a token somewhere that used to be able to
grant me access into that underground city
where one just was mostly just another traveler
I haven’t had to commute in years
though I have taken different trains upon occasion
there is a dream like quality to riding the rails
simple successes
arriving safely; to, from
places on a map
©JP/davh
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.
I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.
Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.