Monday, December 2, 2013

Just Brilliant

with thanks to C.K.


Just Brilliant

Being in the sunset of her years
she no longer wishes to read the daily paper
our gift to her, because there was nothing else she needed

So now I’ll have to remember to
keep tabs on that box of favorite cookies that
she said was her favorites...though one can never be sure

And serendipitously replace them
so when she wants a little sweet treat...she might
also remember the first time she ate one and thought, mmm, good.

Even if that was over several decades ago
when she didn’t need anyones help to run and play
when she wasn’t helping her parents or teachers or siblings...

With only one eye now it is perhaps
just a tad more difficult to focus on the limited view
that seasonally changes from her little homey box of a room

So we take turns, those of us that live in a less
restricted world to make the one she lives in as comfortable
as can be - augmenting the menu with home cooked meals she enjoys

Being in the sunset of her years
I can only wonder how often she might reflect on
all of the wonderful colors she has added to others lives

©JP/davh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.