with thanks to K.A.B.
Entwined
I
all roads lead to Rome...
and on the way to that pilgrimage
whether it is to fame or some other fable -
the threads of our being, from the clothes
that we wear, the emotions that tear...
and slip away to leave the naked thought
are left along the sides of the road
so we can return to where we have been
in some obscure dream filled with symbols
belonging to places we once called home
even if just for one evening to walk
in the barely lit shadowed alley ways
that belonged to some ancient place
that was never mapped, but was well traveled
II
and out of all the yarn that has been
found at yard sales or bought at charity shops
that has been knitted, crocheted or otherwise
tied together to make wearable art for family
and friends or made into hats and blankets for
newborns or scarves for strangers...
I have never thought to imagine how many miles...
all that string would it equal -
maybe more than enough
to go to (and come back from)
all the places I might
ever have wanted to visit...
III
unraveled life threads
memories built in layers
of when we tied knots
(c)JP/davh
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.
I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.
Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.