Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Attending Attention

Inspired by K.A.B.

Attending Attention

Being aware is the tricky part... Every snowflake has a lesson.
The light fluffy ones and the ones full of a heaviness that could weigh us down,
But we have to shift their presence in order to make our own path safe...

And so there I was all layered and bundled, getting snowed on as well,
Taking a swath of a mixture of frozen water, white fallen clouds given substance
And weight - only thinking in the moment to clear the double wide drive...

The steps to the door, and the side walkways...push, settle the mass
Into the shovel and heave ho - sailing without a ship in the winter’s atmosphere
All concentration focused with only the slight distraction of a few passer-bys.

And that is how I was for about an hour; cloaked, scarfed, hatted, mittened, booted;
All before breakfast, because I didn’t know that school had been canceled -
So the grandchildren wouldn’t be traveling - and most folks shouldn’t have either...

Driving in that morning mess white knuckles grasping steering wheels - only creeping
Twenty miles per hour on roads not yet plowed thinking that they had no other alternatives -
But life is always choices, and safety and self preservation needs full recognition.



©JP/davh

1 comment:

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.