Wednesday, November 14, 2012

We Write Poems 131: Excuses?

For WWP 131 Write about love without using the word. Any experience.
Following on the theme of ‘unusual’.

http://wewritepoems.wordpress.com/2012/11/14/prompt-131-its-post-your-poems-day/

Excuses?
set up
trapped
just because my own time line
I wasn’t the same cut of cloth as sis,
nothing wrong with playing the field
testing the waters
if that’s what you want to do -
but I was...

set up
trapped
in a blind date by my own father
laced up in roller skates, wanting to run
it was so very wrong for me
but I went anyway, knowing it was
not the arrow from Cupids bow -
but I was...

set up
trapped
if only for a limited, wasted time
it was wrong in my minds’ eye
I could see that right from the start
there would be no
seconds after this first....


© JP/davh

3 comments:

  1. The wonderful unexpectedness of it all. This made me grin and smile. Love often blindsides us, doesn't it? Thanks,

    Elizabeth
    http://soulsmusic.wordpress.com/2012/11/14/swept-away/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this quite differently from Elizabeth. Disturbing, in a way, and very bleak. Wow! Amazing how different readers interpret the same work.

    http://www.kimnelsonwrites.com/2012/11/08/to-tgh/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Appreciate the disclosure of entrapment; that inner mind gut knew this was a trap.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.