Sunday, November 18, 2012

SW 83: (other) Formality

Sunday Whirl 83 (other...not story verse)
silent, sorry, belong, beauty, faces, bust
wrong, find, life, pawn, pride, fire, unless
http://sundaywhirl.wordpress.com/2012/11/18/wordle-83-a-bakers-dozen/


Formality
(pi ku, tau ku, renga, reverse tau ku, reverse pi ku)


stone bust there
pride?
silent beauty

faces belong in life
unless
carved in sorry likeness...

who was the one to
pawn fire from the gods - you?
we can’t all be wrong

wanting to be warm, and yet
we fawn over kings and queens

in the museum
we find our connections to
those marble faces...

the living soul trumps stoic form
unless
perhaps they were saintly

silent beauty
blind?
captivates

(c)JP/davh

10 comments:

  1. Yes indeed.
    This reminds me so much of the expression 'We are all equals but, some are more equal than others'
    Really enjoyed the imagery in all of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic, Jules. Faces belong in life, indeed. I love how it all leads to the ending.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like the thoughtful exceptions made at the end of each of these. There is wisdom to be found in looking at more than one side of anything,

    Elizabeth
    http://soulsmusic.wordpress.com/2012/11/18/burnt-sacrifice/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a creative way of using the wordle words! "The living soul trumps stoic form" is my favorite line!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are very nice, Jules. A lot of wisdom in them.

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my favorite part:
    "wanting to be warm, and yet
    we fawn over kings and queens"

    ReplyDelete
  7. I rather suspect that connections to marble faces happens ONLY in museums! :)

    Another Whirl with Simon

    ReplyDelete
  8. We were on the same track but you chose fame and I chose nonentity.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the feeling of "connections to those marble faces..."

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jules, you are so right. We all want to see ourselves in those grand faces. And yet the people behind the facades want nothing more than for us never to aspire to their station! As for "marble faces," I'm thinking Queen Elizabeth at the opening of the Olympics... peace, Amy
    http://sharplittlepencil.com/2012/11/19/interview-with-sgt-davis-kabul-2012/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.