Unofficial A-Z challenge 2016
(On Sundays - still using Kipfer’s book for inspiration for Instant or Just Karma)
“Now is the Time : 170 Ways to Seize the Moment”
By Patrick Lindsay
Now is the time ...: to read a classic.
“A great book should leave you with many experiences, and slightly
exhausted. You should lead several lives while reading it.
~ William Styron (1905-2006)
Great Books, Second Looks
I’ve read at least ten out of thirty on the list...
Some more modern than others that one might
Be surprised to find, just because a classic by someone's definition
That I read somewhere should be at least over fifty years old...
Becoming them, each
And every character ~ to
Breath their fire in dreams
To be refreshed in waking
In the waterfall of dawns
Believing that we
can find some truth between the
Flipping of pages
I have heard of, seen or have some knowledge of several
Of the other titles on a list that bespeaks of thirty literary classics.
Some I have no desire to read, and others I think I would
Enjoy if I read them once again.
©JP/dh
(renga sandwiched by free verse)
(With quotes by famous folks
Whose last names start with the alphabet
Or at least have those ‘tricky letters’ -
U, Q, X & Y in them)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.
I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.
Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.