Wednesday, August 29, 2012

WWP 120 Color us a poem: a renga

WWP # 120 Color us a Poem
a renga:

iridescent teal
shimmy shine bluish-green of
peacock, hummingbird

reflecting light or dancing
in natural shadow play

tail or breast feather
regal, priceless, breathtaking
teal, iridescent


Process notes: Seeing a hummingbird yesterday helped...also having a mock colored glass peacock in my livingroom window filtering the morning light helped to piece this renga together.
My daily observations have all been American Japanese style poetry this month you can find them at: http://julesgemstonepages.wordpress.com/


This verse was written for We Write Poems - come and join the fun.

http://wewritepoems.wordpress.com/2012/08/29/prompt-120-its-post-your-poems-day/

4 comments:

  1. I like your Renga very much, and you have chosen my favourite colour to illustrate.

    I thought a Renga was a collaborative poem with alternate haiku and 7,7 couplet, written in turn by a group of people. I shall have to look it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite colours. Thank you and I love hummingbirds so seldom seen here in my neck of the woods,

    Elizabeth
    http://soulsmusic.wordpress.com/2009/01/01/a-woman-of-color/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love hummingbirds. Can't ever recall seeing one in the UK though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing colours here without being over the top with description. particularly liked "shimmy shine"!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.