Sunday, August 26, 2012

SW 71 *How to Serve Man (A 11, B 10)

*How to Serve Man          
What was it that he was calling himself now...Acheron
How could it be that we were born of the same mother?
Whatever twin link there was, he severed it when he stole
The Operator Manual - recipes for the essentials of life

Luckily underneath the spells were the magical lead of pencils that
Acted as an alarm and allowed me to trace where the book had been taken
From the very first dusk that he’d so cunningly thought he’d escaped
Undetected from the enchanted chains and fences surrounding our space
~~~~~
Nevaeh could have forgiven many things of her younger brother -
Yet she rose to the occasion, and prepared a new book
To accept the returning flock that the innocent Here-boy had released
They were on their way home...the children of her universe

*******
Yin and yang, male and female, good and evil
Are they all necessary opposites?
Just by degrees, moderation, manipulation of musings
A balance must be maintained

Over eons, seasons, even just passing moments - beings wonder
Stars seem to live and die by the blink of an eye to some, and yet
While one mystery is solved, there are hundreds more
Just waiting for the right spark to ignite a single imagination...

http://sundaywhirl.wordpress.com/2012/08/26/wordle-71/
dusk, link, trace, empty, essentials, rose, pencils, fence, chain, recipe, forgiven, operator

(Story Verse: #11  for A, #10 for B)

Process Notes: *With a nod to Rod Sterling and the Twilight Zone.   Also thanks to Brenda for the list as well as the direction. As it was Brenda who wrote: “Beautiful installment....I'm curious about the strange birds. It's a strong image.” One last note...I actually do know some folks who have named their daughters’ “Nevaeh” - I had not heard of it and wondered about the origin, country-wise when it was pointed out that it is just the reverse of “Heaven.”
JP/davh

13 comments:

  1. If only life did have a manual. lol I guess it does, it's called common sense. Pencils do create magic, don't they. :)
    Enjoyed this and your process notes of what inspired you. I have heard of the name Nevaeh before but, can't think where. It is a perfect name being heaven in reverse too, isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great writing Jules!! I love the idea of this, "The Operator Manual - recipes for the essentials of life," that would be a best seller!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the name, Nevaeh and I liked what you wrote.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have two Nevaehs coming up through the ranks of our school system, I recognized the name immediately. LOL There is also a student named Abcde and it is pronounce Absody....I kid you not.

    Excellent poem, Jules. I hope we all may always find that spark.

    ReplyDelete
  5. an intriguing write, thought-provoking, and deep....maybe I am delving too far, but I am a bit confused...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So am I, but it was still enjoyable reading.

      Delete
    2. Classic good and evil conflict. Perhaps a bit philosophical this time. With the wordles used up in the first three verses...I waxed on, when maybe I should have waxed off.

      Glad though that you are still enjoying writing and reading. I hope to get to you sometime today, Viv. Thanks...

      Delete
  6. I love reading these installments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your story grows. You are finding a place for every word.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I caught the Twilight Zone reference immediately. Excellent.
    And I, coincidentally, only just recently learned the story behind the name Nevaeh.
    Intriguing tale...

    ReplyDelete
  9. A continuation of your tale! How nice. You commented about a god-complex on my poem and I can see the connection here. I work labor and delivery so I am quite familiar with the use of Nevaeh as a name. I'm on the fence about how I feel about it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the image and idea of "the Operator Manual, recipes for the essentials of life." Great concept, but impossible in reality. Great imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jules, Rod Serling was born in my hometown, so the moment I saw "To Serve Man," I got the vibe. Then there spilled from your cranium the most amazing verses!

    I lived in Buffalo, NY, for a long while, and have heard the name Nevaeh. The mom pronounced it "Nivea," like the cream...!

    Wish life came with that operator manual... but til then, poetry will have to suffice. Peace, Amy
    http://sharplittlepencil.com/2012/08/27/deep-seated-exploration/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.