Sunday, August 19, 2012

SW 70 Feathers, Flights and Foundlings (3a of A)

Feathers, Flights and Foundlings       (#3a of Story Verse A -10th piece)
Once the pages of the spell book evaporated into a flock of birds,
Their limbs, gentle waves out the tower window - the binding split
And the once gilded adornment eye was now fixed in a dull stare -
The golden sheen of its eyelid had taken on a tinny hue

Was this just a prelude to eradicating the insidious evil of one wizard?
The directions which had been so clear and vivid were lost
In drifts of coherency, and while Here-boy could always have spoken
His eyesight now seemed to gift everything with a glowing tinted aura

At least the boy could tip the secret exit and escape this fix,
Even for a short time - though he preferred not to steal at all he’d go to the
Kitchen and nick some supplies before running for his life as he had
No way of knowing just how far the scales of justice had been tipped

~~~~~~~~~~~
Morganna asked Albert, a squire to enlist the help of Sebastian and the rest of
The orchestra - they at least knew what the manic magicians’ assistant looked like
Try and find the boy - surely the lad would be startled - not know what to do having always
Been given instruction and direction, do be as gentle as you can, she instructed

The young princess had tripped and twisted her ankle on the way back to the kitchen
After seeing a strange enormous flock of birds fly over her flock of sheep -
She had been disguising herself as a shepherdess to escape the sleeping spell that
Had enveloped her elder sister and had held the rest of the royal family for ransom

The princess still with her face smudged sat with her leg propped up while Cookie
Cleaned up the foiled lunch and began anew... from the narrow back room stair
A tired looking young lad poked his head into the kitchen, spied the women and
Almost turned away, but the aroma of the fresh baked bread lured him to the table...

http://sundaywhirl.wordpress.com/2012/08/19/wordle-70-a-bakers-dozen/
tip, fix, tinted, preludes, vivid, tinny, drifts, nick, waves, gentle, limbs, insidious, split
3a of Story Verse Series A the 10th piece of this story verse
Story Verse A: http://julesgemsandstuff.blogspot.com/p/story-verse-a.html
Process Notes: Well the verse pretty much speaks for itself. Enjoy the addition.
Here-Boy is introduced in #2 and briefly mentioned in #9
Morganna and company start in #1 and continue in #3

16 comments:

  1. Ahh.. I can totally vouch for the lure of fresh baked bread being very hard to resist. Another nicely, flowing installment Jules.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I can smell that bread ... and I too am lured :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I would try to post early, at seven I posted and already I was #19. A fun collection of words. I especially liked how the writers used "split."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful installment....I'm curious about the strange birds. It's a strong image.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice addition to the story, Jules.

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so clever to incorporate the wordle into this ongoing story. I salute you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hadn't read the earlier segments, as I haven't wordled for a few weeks...but this segment captured my attention bigtime. You have quite an interesting cast of characters to work with here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this series you are doing. I'm with the group -- I can't resist fresh bread (or coffee).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Although I love the smell of fresh baked bread, I'm sure I would have immediately carried it outside to watch that flock of strange birds. Another wonderful addition Jules,

    Elizabeth
    http://soulsmusic.wordpress.com/2012/08/19/only-an-attempted-wordle-murder/

    ReplyDelete
  10. The plot thickens. And I love the name Sebastian. (that is my nephews name who is staying with us until college starts next week.)

    Your are finding a wonderful home for all the wordle words.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cutting back on carbs, but the bread does truly entice. Very nice, Jules. Both pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this use of "nick." What a great definition!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Intriguing write Jules...impressive that it is a story you've been adding to...smart way to handle wordle...baby steps to a book!! Very smart!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah - thanks for leaving me this link Jules ... I finally found it over on "Grey Matters" with your comment (thanks for that also) and am so glad I hunted it down ... I love following your story as it unfolds and this chapter is exquisite (I'm partial to anything to do with feathers so knew I was going to love this and was right!)Very nice - great imagery and lovely use of the wordle words ...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.