Friday, January 31, 2014

Flash Fiction: Astute Art

Stargate? Sculpter

Astute Art


Artemis would not wear a wreath upon her head.And yet she wanted to
respect all those who paid her homage. She took all the garlands left at
her temples and saved them, and gave them to one man - who then in
his dreams was instructed by soothing voice and creative vision the
wear-with-all to construct a lasting monument.


While some scoffed at the waste of what was thought valuable time and
resources - he swore everything was recycled material. After the installation,
the artist seemed to vanish. But Artemis had taken him by the hand and
set him free on a tropical island where he happily now carves coconut
shells for the children of his Polynesian wife.  

©JP/davh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.