Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Disconnected : for Tuesday Tryouts

For Margo Roby : Wordgathering


Disconnected

statements ~ sentiments ~ sentencing

I’ve lived in to too many -
am I supposed to be attached
to the state of my birth?
Or the one that most of the family
lived in for a while.
The state of my first home
as a homeowner, the one we
thought was a good buy,
the one we enjoyed
but had to say goodbye to.

How about the state that
I’ve lived in the longest?
Frankly, I think the best state
is the one I’ll share with the love
of my life. Corny, but true.

I enjoy my four seasons -
each about three months long
And the bird song all year round.
The trees that shed,
and the evergreens.
I’m in the suburbs
between the city and the farms...
they both have their charms.

I think it all boils down to
my mental state. Sentencing
my sentiments in statements...



©JP/davh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.