Countenance
Have you seen The Mona Lisa?
Mystery abounds with each artistic brush stroke
We share many secrets she and I
Hers on canvas, mine in a mirror
They say on can read the soul through eyes...
While the iris provides variety of color -
The pupil is both the student and the teacher
following the path of smile lines from ear to ear
With each artistic flare of recorded word
There is something concrete, perhaps a treasure
Enjoy the laughter that we will share of guessing at
The meaning of what could just have been a simple smile
We share many secrets, Miss Mona Lisa and I
Perhaps we had the same masterful artist paint our essence?
JulesPaige/davh (c)May 31, 2012
WWP #108 Face up to it...Process notes: Just take a look at Miss Mona...
and you can see me, we could be distantly related? OK very distantly :)
http://wewritepoems.wordpress.com/2012/06/06/prompt-108-its-post-your-poems-day/#comments
Wednesday, June 6, 2012
7 comments:
Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.
I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.
Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Be interesting to figure the number of branchings on the tree if you were related, wouldn't it?
ReplyDeleteItalian heritage is about it. :) Second and third generation depending on the side of the family here in the US.
DeleteBut then go back far enough and we are all related.
Very nice, Jules!! I like where you went with this and I love the double meaning on pupil that you delve into. Great poem!
ReplyDeleteHope to get to reading later this eve or tomorrow - thanks for your visit. Words are fun to play with :)
ReplyDeletewell done indeed...thanks for sharing your words
ReplyDeleteThis poem is delightful! It really brings out a new view of the Mona Lisa. Considering I've always loved the painting, it's pleasant to feel a sort of kinship with its subject and her enigmatic smile. I think it's true that we all are enigmatic in the same way.
ReplyDeleteBy the way, I simply love these lines:
With each artistic flare of recorded word
There is something concrete, perhaps a treasure
They are highly quotable!
Thanks for your visit here. *blush* Quotable...really :)
Delete