Just Peachy?
Johannah did not like the montage of demons that haunted her dreams
Waking to the sunset after a nap - the ample jasmine that surrounded her
Window did not seem the slightest bit flawed in this domain that seemed to
Sparkle under its’ new found freedom
She needed to maintain a granite composure in order not to feel trapped
Scrapping the last bit of her foul mood from fogged sleep vision
It was time to whistle as she made her way to visit Booker her steed
Who loved the grooms attentiveness
Perhaps a quick ride in the orchard before dinner would be wise
There was still ample radiation from the sun, she would ask the kind
Groom which path would be a good one to take in this honeyed sky
Listening to just the sounds of her heart...
She might be able to subtract what ever falseness might be lurking -
Was the relief here just paper thin? There had to be a hidden art
Knowing what was truth - if only she could talk to pixies - they were real,
If one believed in wizards - pixies had to be real
And not just viewed after downing large quantities of a absinthe -
Jo knew better than to over indulge in that regard!
Always, always keep your wits about you, only way to control
Your sword - her father had said.
JP/davh
jasmine, demons, window, scrap, ample, montage, flawed, granite, trapped, whistle, domain, sunset
http://sundaywhirl.wordpress.com/2012/06/24/wordle-62/
sound, pixie, honey, wake, wise, paper, absinthe, subtract, orchard, radio (radiation), taken, art
http://rosemarymint.wordpress.com/2012/06/22/midweek-melting-week-3/
Process notes: The two lists combined nicely to continue this journey...#7. See the whole ‘She-bang’
here: http://julesgemsandstuff.blogspot.com/p/story-verse-series-b.html
I also managed a second verse on the Wordle:
http://julesgemsandstuff.blogspot.com/2012/06/sunday-whirl-62-crust-2.html
Sunday, June 24, 2012
10 comments:
Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.
I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.
Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Jules, love the imagery of pixies and absinthe. They seem to go together, don't they?
ReplyDeletePamela
"needed to maintain a granite composure"
ReplyDeleteand
"take in this honeyed sky
Listening to just the sounds of her heart...
Love these!!
Ah yes and the message of the mighty word...great write Jules!!!
Oh yes, doesn't pay to be even half drunk in charge of a sword, or a steed either :)
ReplyDeleteNicely told Jules ... quite a gem in fact. :)
I like these: "granite composure," "honeyed sky," and the closing ... "always keep your wits about you, only way to control Your sword."
ReplyDeleteGreat idea to combine the two lists. :)
I like the structure of your stanzas. And some great phrases in those first couple of stanzas: "montage of demons", "granite composure" - and that whole second line of the second stanza, what you've done with "scrapping".
ReplyDeleteRichard
I like the story/poem quality. Continuation of your saga it seems. I like the granite composure as well. NIce work.
ReplyDelete"Scrapping the last bit of her foul mood...", such a good line! Wish I was capable of doing that!
ReplyDeleteHi. Thank you for your kind comments on my Sunday Whirl poem. I'm glad to see that you've also taken on Rosemary's prompt because I wanted to but ran out of mental steam. I might try later in the week. My favourite from your wonderful piece is "granite composure" -- wonderful phrase, and nicely done.
ReplyDeleteI would but echo the favorites others have chosen. Really like that you have chosen to continue your tale. Wonderful inspiration for all of us, Jules. Thank you,
ReplyDeleteElizabeth
There are some lovely sections in this, and the meandering dreamlike quality is well portrayed. I still prefer your second attempt!
ReplyDelete