Pearly?
I lifted the latch again and pushed
why is there a gate?
I felt as though I was hanging in the balance
if justice is blind then why be judged at all?
I step over and trip over something.~
I will go and visit Tygar
that’s what his name tag says
I stared at him with wide eyes
there is an implied ‘everyone expects St. Peter’
I urged him silently.~
I stand and listen.
standard, standard, standard
~I couldn’t help myself.
guilt perhaps - to correct misdeeds?
I’ve just signed a contract
just how long is a millenium...
I nodded wordlessly~
I’ve got wings now
the halo comes a little later
I wondered how long it would take
at least my soul is safe
I was relieved about that as well.The ‘pearls’ were taken from the book ‘Dragonscale Leggings’ by Freya Pickard.
My additional lines are in italics... Just because I can’t leave well enough alone...
Looks like I actually did it 'write' I didn't realize it wasn't a true 'Cento'.JP/davh June 13, 2012
You do pretty ok with the form too, Jules. I like the side commentary as its own poem as well. And never... REPEAT...NEVER leave well enough alone! ;)
ReplyDeleteThank you kind sir...
DeleteI have a been told one of my 'middle' names is 'rebel' ;)
I like this line a lot:
ReplyDelete"If justice is blind then why be judged at all?"
Jules, This is so well written, in a form I have never tried.
ReplyDeleteI've done this 'response' thing before. I don't know if it has a real 'form' name. I did it with another poet a long time ago. They had sent me something and I responded as if in a speaking dialogue. I wrote the cento first and left it along for a bit. But felt it was incomplete. So I stuck in my verse - My personal favorite lines being...about Tyger and St. Peter. I guess I was lucky to find all of those statements from the book that began with 'I'. Glad you enjoyed it. :)
Delete