Waiting...
At the nape of the remote creek
the huge stone was a knot in the flow
marking a hidden lock to a sacred chest,
over which the water seems to braid
as it tarried after the storm
each drop hewn a different path
to the muddy sunken shrine
once held in lofty esteem the buried
mortar shell now would nought
release its awful power - to that extent
all seemed peaceful - and yet in dreams
as his emotions slowly ripened and
his nerves were strung taught it was
the veteran who’d be more likely to explode...
JulesPaige/davh June 2, 2012 Process notes: These words started in one direction and then took on another life... We may not approve of war, but at least I think we should respect those who serve to keep our freedoms. Healing thought to all those who still may get nightmares - And tons of come home safe thoughts for our relative now in harm's’ way...again.
http://rosemarymint.wordpress.com/2012/05/25/midweek-melting-week-2/
1) remote 2) extent 3) sunk 4) release 5) shrine 6) tarried 7) ripen 8) hewn
9) creak 10) strung 11) loft 12) braid 13) nape 14) mortar 15) knot
Saturday, June 2, 2012
4 comments:
Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.
I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.
Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A very powerful piece Jules, especially the first stanza: "At the nape of the remote creek
ReplyDeletethe huge stone was a knot in the flow
marking a hidden lock to a sacred chest,
over which the water seems to braid." Very nice imagery.
I am always surprised by how my words evolve. Thank you so much for your visit and kind words. I like working with different word lists because they are like a path through the woods...and each word you pick up leads you in a different direction depending on which one you pick up first :)
ReplyDeleteI so agree with your description of the word being like a path through the woods (although I'd never really thought of them like that) - I find they often take off in directions I never expected to go,or end up, but I think that's part of the charm of wordles; I end up writing things I might otherwise never even have come close to. ... This is a profoundly moving piece and reaches places about war and those who go to fight in subtly nuanced phrases such as "water seems to braid" (a wonderful visual)and "the buried mortar shell now would nought release its awful power" (chilling) to name but two ... a very nice piece.
ReplyDeleteI love this imagery:
ReplyDelete"the huge stone was a knot in the flow
marking a hidden lock to a sacred chest,
over which the water seems to braid"
You are so right about honoring and respecting veterans; one cannot imagine what they've been through without having gone through it as well.
I'm sure the waking nightmares are the worst, having to pretend to be fine, to be part of "normal" society as if nothing happened. What horror that would be.
Lovely tribute, Julie.