Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Trifecta Challenge: Baum's Oz

Baum’s Oz
Silver slippers
So says the book
With flying monkeys
golden brick road

a girl with a bump on her head
and a dog in her basket

courage, heart, and compassion
seen through green colored lenses

http://www.trifectawritingchallenge.com/2012/06/trifextra-week-twenty-two.html
While visiting Rosemary Mint...I found this prompt -

Rewrite your favorite book in 33 words. While it said it was still open...by at least 24 hours, the link was closed.
No matter I still had fun...

3 comments:

  1. Love your opening alliteration. Of course I know the book, but I almost wish I didn't because your poem is so interesting on its own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could post it in the comments section. That's what I did with my 33 word Lord of the Rings.

    I've never read W of O, but your summary is delightful, if different from the film!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that is where I posted it... Most books when translated into movies change. The slippers where changed to ruby red - better to see you with. Thanks for your kind words.

      Delete

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.