An Interesting Twist
The field of wheat to the east was soon covered by an enormous flock of birds
Ballooning to cover the sky this was not usual - the puff of white clouds in the blue sky
Soon became a black sea - the sheep in my care were not amused and bleated
In distress, I didn’t have enough apple pieces to appease them all
The make shift rail of my corral was soon toppled as we all fought for safety
I tripped over an errant porcupine and twisted my ankle - thankfully I could use
My ram friend to help carry my weight back to the stone paddock
Would the sun ever return?
My old friend the wrinkled cook ran to greet me as she pointed to the trailing end
Of the flock...we watched as the birds passed overhead...in their trail there was a hum,
Like a gentle bee buzzing and an unexplainable aura that seemed to replace our
Dread with an amazing calm
A minor squire came running to our aid shouting with glee
“The Princess has woken! The spell has been broken!”
Not knowing who I really was - he picked me up and twirled me around -
My elder sister was awake!
Cookie instructed Albert to carry me gently into the big kitchen -
The omelet she had been cooking for lunch had fried, but not yet caught fire
Albert babbled like a schoolgirl - The mute lad sang, the mute lad saved us!
I, Morganna could finally wash my face and hair!
Rosemary Mint List unnumbered prompt June 2012
ankle,omelet, apple, topple, wrinkled, rail, balloon, wheat, puff, porcupine
http://rosemarymint.wordpress.com/2012/06/11/monday-melting-poetry-prompt/
(Sixth piece written for Story Series A on the Story Verse Page)
http://julesgemsandstuff.blogspot.com/p/story-verse-series-b.html
JP/davh
Monday, June 18, 2012
2 comments:
Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.
I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.
Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Lol. This is cracked me up. Nice twisty tale.
ReplyDeleteThey don't all have to be serious... :)
ReplyDeleteJust 'twistedly' connected.