Journeyman Woman?
The lines were drawn in the dew of morning
And hers was not the signature on the edict
Proclaiming her sisters’ name to be eponymous
Throughout the land -
So her elder sister Regina shared their mother’s iconic profile
That was simply due to the chance and gel of the husband de jour
The current warriors would soon find out that while their seemingly feminine
Leader chose to wear pastel tulle...
That the new queen had a hidden hunger and tenacity
That could and would easily flick each man like a
Set domino that once toppled might not be uprighted
For a very long time -
There was no longer time for mourning
The passing of mother - who would suspect her death was planned?
No time to clean off the kohl that smudged her eyes from wiping tears
Johannah mounted her steed...
There were enough pawns for Regina to push around
She cleaned her saber and tossed the blood soiled pennant
Into the middle of the swift river that she was crossing
A new life waited somewhere else
JulesPaige/davh
*Process notes: While I haven’t seen the new movie(s) based on the fairy tale of the moment...animated or otherwise...I think there may have been just a tad of an influence - and well all the words seemed to fit. I’m also reading a book where the dragon slayer is a woman! You might also enjoy... ‘Dragonscale Leggings’ by Freya Pickard
http://rosemarymint.wordpress.com/2012/06/04/monday-melting-week-20/
1) tulle 2) chance 3) signature 4) kohl 5) eponymous 6) lines 7)feminine 8) warrior 9) edict 10) hunger
11) dew 12) flick 13) iconic 14) gel 15) tenacity
*Perhaps an explanation provided by the Sunday Whirl Wordle list #60:
http://julesgemsandstuff.blogspot.com/2012/06/sunday-whirl-60-maiden-voyage.html
Wednesday, June 6, 2012
13 comments:
Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.
I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.
Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow, what an intriguing visual:
ReplyDelete"would easily flick each man like a
Set domino that once toppled might not be uprighted
For a very long time"
And this:
"She cleaned her sabor and tossed the blood soiled pennant"
"A new life waited somewhere else"...Mmm, doesn't it always? I hope she fares well.
I enjoyed this tale. Your stories are very creative.
Your word lists are the keys to unlocking my tales :)
DeleteThank you!
A few days ago I saw a news blurb about a domino set up that had taken hours to put up and just minutes to fall. Perhaps that was still on my mind? Puzzle pieces flit by and just seem to fit.
"no time to clean off the kohl" :)
ReplyDeleteI think you mean "saber" not sabor.
But this is a captivating story...that I imagine is just the beginning. The mom's cause of death has to be revealed at some point :)
Thanks so much for your visit to my blog. Much enjoyed your tale!
Hmmm, spell check didn't catch that...thanks.
ReplyDeleteI'm going see where the next word list takes me :)
Thanks for your visit.
Love this ending:
ReplyDeleteShe cleaned her saber and tossed the blood soiled pennant
Into the middle of the swift river that she was crossing
A new life waited somewhere else
You paint such vivid imagery, Jules. Excellent.
de
www.whimsygizmo.com
I really like "the lines were drawn in the dew of morning". who doesn't know what the dew of morning smells and looks like? excellent visuals here; your writing continues to awe me. happy weekend to you Jules.
ReplyDeleteSlowly making my rounds - I am glad you enjoyed this piece, there is a companion piece now thanks to the Sunday Whirl Wordle and you can find it here:
Deletehttp://julesgemsandstuff.blogspot.com/2012/06/sunday-whirl-60-maiden-voyage.html
Love where the words led you!
ReplyDeleteThanks to the Whirl #60 there is a companion piece here:
DeleteOnly if you are interested (no obligation :) -though you may get to it through the Whirl, eventually)
http://julesgemsandstuff.blogspot.com/2012/06/sunday-whirl-60-maiden-voyage.html
This was great. I love the story you told with this. Woman can be much more ruthless than men sometimes.
ReplyDeleteNice.....strong woman.
ReplyDeleteVery nice. :D I did see the Snow White movie just today. Mature, dark, but overall enjoyable. Reminds me of a poem I just read. ;)
ReplyDeleteVery nice. Thanks for the visit and comment. I read this the other day, but was to busy to remark. I'm glad you lured me back to leave deserved words of praise. I saw the Snow White film today, and it had surprising depth (mature though, not for young ones). Much like your poem. :D
ReplyDelete