Friday, June 26, 2015

Just Karma 16 for June 2015 b

Just Karma 16


More Adventures


upgrades can be downgrading
net’s been down most of the day
took a walk by the river -
rain storm caused power outages

(c)JP/dh
6.26 for 27.15


Note: posting this evening since I may not have service
tomorrow. Using Hubby’s cell phone’s hot spot.


The Tanaga is a Filipino poem.  
It consists of four lines with seven syllables each; the rhyme scheme is AABB.
Traditional tanagas don’t have titles and are composed in the Tagalog language.  
Most have been handed down through oral history and contain proverbs and moral lessons.
(Similar to the tanaga is the ambahan, which has an indefinite length.)


The tanaga has been in danger of becoming a dying art form. The Cultural
Center of the Philippines and the National Commission of the Arts have been
trying to revive it. Several groups have been promoting the form in English.
The form is beginning to change slightly – not only are tanagas appearing in
more frequently in English, they are picking up titles and varying their rhyme

forms (for example, AABB, ABBB, ABAB, ABBA, AAAB, BAAA, ABCD, etc).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.