March 10, 2012 Toro!
The troupe was small enough - But who would have thought
That this non-traditional circus could cause such a commotion
I had not figured I’d be calling the police just for leaving my doors wide open
Now I’ve had to cordon off my store front - I really could use a drink
Really officer I think to myself I’m not from mars
Libation? Too much to drink I could see how one would think that
Sure if you were to ask anyone else they may tell a different story
But I think you’ll have to settle on my account as the most accurate
When you do a fair amount of traveling to strange places - that can take
A toll on you and you can get confused and forget to lock cage doors
Maybe that’s when all the trouble started? Not enough sleep?
Could the accident have been prevented? Maybe, but can we move on?
It is quite amazing that there wasn’t all that much damage
Most of us townies’ are more stunned that hurt
The news papers are going to have a field day with this!
Has animal control arrived yet? The beast is still in there
I just don’t have a clear handle on how it could have happened, but it did
Yes, plenty of blame to go around... can we get ‘em out before he leaves me a gift?
Frank the owner, sacrificed his parking lot across the street just for them to set up their tents
Maybe there were precautions, but the bull escaped anyway and charged into my china shop
JP/davh
Something different - sometimes the words just tell a different story...
Wordle #47 settle, handle, ask, plenty, confused, toll, mars, sacrificed, libation, accident, trouble, charged.
Sunday, March 11, 2012
17 comments:
Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.
I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.
Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I enjoyed the whole progression leading up to the ending which featuured the 'bull in the China shop.' A wonderful surprise ending!
ReplyDeleteAh, yet a different kind of accident to encounter with these words. I enjoyed the scene you painted!
ReplyDeleteI've heard of that bull in the china shop! Well done.
ReplyDeleteLoved the story. Such fun.
ReplyDeleteJules, a very surprising ending there. Nicely penned scene.
ReplyDeletePamela
Thanks all. Just a note - the bull was the very first thing I thought of when I read the word 'charged'. :)
ReplyDeleteAh, the proverbial bull in the china shop. Loved how you used the word prompts to tell this story. Nicely done!
ReplyDeleteYou are a matador with the wordle words.
ReplyDeleteBull in a china shop.. it was a dramatically charged set up.
ReplyDeleteLet the wild rumpus begin! LOL This was a fun ride, Jules.
ReplyDeleteOh, you had fun with this set of words--and Brenda was worried about darksome things appearing on the page when she sent the word list out. Pssh!
ReplyDeleteSix-Word Whirl
Thanks all - I did have fun with this list. When the direction is um, left I try to go the opposite - I'm just a rebel that way. Another note though about 'Bulls in china shops' - That myth was tested and debunked on a show called Myth-Busters. The bull apparently is very careful about where it steps...unless it is threatened I suppose :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the education on bulls in china shops. Perhaps we should change it to "drunks wearing backpacks in china shops"?
ReplyDeleteExcellent take, Jules, and boffo ending! Amy
http://sharplittlepencil.com/2012/03/12/hell-bent-trail-trifecta-whirl/
loved this.. enjoyed the story..
ReplyDeleteGreat story, cool ending.
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely poem mam! Truly liked it...
ReplyDeleteGreat fun, Jules! This combinations of words leaned much more toward comedy than last week's! I loved your take, too, and I thank you for visiting my site. Did you catch Wordle 46 that I did (posted the same day) - those words went in a whole 'nother direction!
ReplyDeleteAgain, thanks for the visit, and I really enjoyed your poem - very funny!