Sunday, June 3, 2012

Whirl 59 - Freed Spirit

Freed Spirit

idea burst, pierces
draw, crumble
crouch, beat brow, chisel

then glow with sweet sweat
split decisions crash
marble shards fly, fall

bruised ego sighs
stand still - rest
then edge her last curl

JulesPaige/davh June 2, 2012
Process Notes: This list, at least to me lent itself to the sculptor - I just carved the words. This is a series of Robert Kelly Lune. For more info on the short lune form please go here:
http://julesgemstonepages.wordpress.com/the-poetic-lune/
Sunday Whirl wordle 59
http://sundaywhirl.wordpress.com/2012/06/03/wordle-59/
split, bruise, crumple, draw, burst, pierce, crash, chisel, crouch, glow, edge, beat

26 comments:

  1. I loved your use of the Robert Kelly Lune. What a good idea. I will have to try it soon. And the way you used the words perfectly lent themselves to this form.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the last line...you brought the process to life for me, Jules. This is a great write. Thank you, too, for the introduction to the form. I'm off to check it out now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I often wonder how people who sculpt cope if they miss hit, crack, or shatter a piece they've spent hours working on.
    Splendid use of the words :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The form does suit! And, it is short :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So powerful that beginning, so much action captured so quickly. I love "split decisions crash" - you give that phrase whole new meaning. And then such a small movement at the end edging "her last curl" - almost tender.

    Richard

    ReplyDelete
  6. This form lent nicely to these words, Jules.

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very creative, succinct... love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nicely done Jules ... with what I consider a most difficult form, you've done an admirable job of wordling ... and I too love some of the phrasing such as "split decisions crash"

    http://leapinelephants.blogspot.ca/2012/06/deep-tissue-bruising.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent poem, Jules. Freeing the spirit of the artwork is what all artists strive to do.

    Thanks for introducing me to a new poetry form too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for your visit over at the "dance" of the moon & sun.

    I'll have to check out this form -- I like how you were able to say so much with its succinctness.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jules - a concise write. You continue to amaze. You are a sculptor of words.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rounding out the sculpture by edging the last curl--a lovely touch!

    Half a Whirl

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was not familiar with this form. Thanks for sharing about it. I love how you use the wordle words with the form; it works really well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The creative process translates well in most mediums. This is stunning and thanks so much for the new form. Love that last bit of tweaking on the end of your poem. Wordle on,

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well chiseled form, Jules! Seems few of us can avoid the sculpture allusions in our comments. A wonderful poem with distinct rhythm and flow, much like the sculptor's art.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well-chiseled form, Jules. It seems few of us can avoid allusions to sculpture! I love the form and flow - it follows the sculptor's rhythm and flow beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful I could feel the sculpture taking form and the artist 's sweat - bravo - and a kelly lune too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daily observation blog this month at:
      http://julesgemstonepages.wordpress.com/
      has Kelly and Collom lunes paired.
      They are a form of American haiku that I was not aware of until last month.
      Thanks for your kind words and visit.

      Delete
  18. Jules, you made the sculpting come alive! Wonderful wordling....

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like this very much, Jules! A perfect capture of the artistic process.

    Love these:
    "idea burst"
    "glow with sweet sweat
    split decisions crash"
    "edge her last curl"

    Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well carved wordle. Thanks for visiting my blog as well.

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOVE the Kelly Lune, and this is so well done!
    This is my favorite word bump:
    "split decisions crash
    marble shards fly, fall

    bruised ego sighs"

    ReplyDelete
  22. So descriptive! Also off to check out the Kelly lune!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure why the American haiku forms by Kelly and Collom are called lunes, but I've been pairing the two styles up for my daily observances this month at:
      http://julesgemstonepages.wordpress.com/

      Delete

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.