Doughboy
Cookie could barely contain herself, and well quite as in her excitement
Gassed the room with both bodily aroma and an odd ‘trumpet’ of a sound
chuckled loudly as she said, “Oh my lad did you hear those barking spiders?”
Here-boy’s mood shifted from fear to comfort as he tried to stifle his laughter
Morganna added her own giggles as she smoothed her white over frock -
“You are a little Jimmy of a lad, here refresh yourself with some warm bread”
The princess said offering the young one a thick slice with jam
She needed more evidence to confirm her suspicions that this boy was special
Cookie tried to wink at Morganna nine times, at last the tenth wink caught
The princesses’ eye - they would attempt any number of ploys to keep
The lad here in the kitchen with them - But they knew each other well enough
So together they would work to gain the trust of this pint sized hero...
With just a few moments of hesitation Here-boy finally decided he was safe
At least for now and completely switched gears - once without words
He chose to hide himself in plain sight and accept the comfort offered...
“Yes, ma’am - Thank you - Jimmy it is then at your service for bread and Jam”
“I’ll wash your pots and sweep your floors,” he said through mouthfuls
“Just been kicked out of the stables, I was,” he lied...
“Better to smell cooked food than have to shovel up after the horses.”
“Here then,” offered Cookie, “have an apron - You’re hired!”
Sunday Whirl 72: http://sundaywhirl.wordpress.com/2012/09/02/wordle-72/
bare last gear final evidence refresh gassed smooth number white shift nine
This verse follows
http://julesgemsandstuff.blogspot.com/2012/08/sw-70-feathers-flights-and-foundlings.html
(3b of Story Verse A - 11th piece)
Process notes: I was out yesterday so I didn’t get to write then. After viewing the list this morning...well, I had fun with this addition...finally ready to post at around 11:30am my time.
Sunday, September 2, 2012
11 comments:
Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.
I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.
Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ah, you had me at "barking spiders" something we used to say in our house when the girls were little or, "who stepped on a duck?" which they (and I)find equally hilarious ... a delightful poem and addition to your story Jules, thanks.
ReplyDeletehttp://thepoet-tree-house.blogspot.ca/2012/09/last-scene.html
OMGoodness, I so know what you mean by 'gassed us' I have a teen who puts on so much smelly stuff she fills the whole house with it and nearly chokes me in the bargain. Barking spiders... Yikes. Yes, I agree, better to smell cooking than that of shoveling up after horses.
ReplyDeleteNice write and, read Jules.
This made me smile. :) Love these: barking spiders, overfrock, a little Jimmy of a lad
ReplyDeleteThis installment of your story really has me wondering what will happen next. Right about now I would be glad to be in that kitchen. A better day today but the cloud lingers. Thanks for stopping by my place.
ReplyDeletereading this as a solitary piece, I thought of a book I just read called "Lord Minimus" about a dwarf who went from subsistence farmer's son to the rooms of Kings and Queens, but being clever and appropriately subservient.....
ReplyDeleteYou're hired! Another in the string of excellence. Go Jules!
ReplyDelete:)! Too much fun!
ReplyDeleteHilarious.
ReplyDeleteReally enjoyed and thanks for the laughter. You paint a scene readily 'seeable' and entered into. Forgot about the words and just enjoyed this newest chapter. Keep it coming Jules,
ReplyDeleteElizabeth
http://soulsmusic.wordpress.com/
Jules - just adorable - I am still smiling :)
ReplyDeleteHey Jules! Thanks for the visit! This piece of work of yours this week is indeed a piece of work! Love every line - every well-constructed line! It was fun - and as you said, we both went for humor. I think the words really leant themselves in that direction. It's hard to be serious with a word like "gassed," anyway! I guess you could have gone with a Sylvia Plath-type poem, and written about someone who gassed herself to death with her had in the oven. But then again, Dorothy Parker managed to make a joke even about that!
ReplyDelete