Sunday, September 9, 2012

Sunday Whirl 73: Pause

Pause
As Johannah neared the kingdom that was said to be the home
of the young hero she could see the fatted contented cows in the rugged fields -
it was said that the kingdom had all but returned to its former grace and splendor,
the suffering all but forgotten though she had met warriors who remained alert.

The fierce passion that had willed her shaken spirit this far
wanted to see the marble interior of the palace, but she just wasn’t ready.
Unsure of just what blessing she was seeking she lead her roan Booker
in silence up a remote path away from the bustle and contentment of the populous.  

Well supplied and rested from their last stop horse and rider
unknowingly started up the path of the sacred mountain where it was rumored
that only the invited were allowed to tread - through thick mists that were
the protective portal to a dimension that few mortals ever entered alive.

Nevaeh could use such an adversary in her private army against her twin Acheron.
Thankfully with their bond broken he could no longer read her mind or emotions -
Unfortunately that worked both ways - she still felt she could defeat him and eventually
restore a more natural balance to this world.

While Acheron the evil wizard still breathed - there could be trouble.
The young one once known as Here-boy freed the once bound good magics
but that was only one part of the sum total of damage her brother
had caused on this particular ball of life in this universe...

JP/davh

SW 73 http://sundaywhirl.wordpress.com/2012/09/09/wordle-73/
remote, warriors, fierce, suffering, silence, shaken,
blessing, rugged, cows, splendor, marble, grace

(Story Verse A 12 piece)
Process Notes: Thank you Brenda for again producing a list that seems to lend itself well to my story verse. Maybe I just make it work. I’m having fun, I hope you enjoy the continuing story. This piece is another that links both stories together. Also with a nod margoroby.wordpress.com; punctuation  and the comments therein; I am attempting to move into the current century in regards to making my poetry easier to read and use capitalization and punctuation in a more politically correct light.

15 comments:

  1. Impressive the way you have used the words to write this continuing story, Jules! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate the punctuation! The story is evolving nicely - it will be interesting to see it as a whole.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sacred mountain sounds interesting. I forgot all about the wordle words reading this Jules.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Proud of you. You are a born storyteller. Now it looks as well as sounds like a story. You weave us such wonderful sagas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jules....I will patiently wait for the evil Acheron's end. Bwahaha! This is a fun story to follow. I'm rooting for Neveah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Most writing is practice and we learn as we go. You are having fun and that's what counts as we learn much more when we are enjoying the process. You and the words make good partners, telling this tale and watching it unfold.

    Elizabeth
    http://soulsmusic.wordpress.com/2012/09/09/wheres-the-beef/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your continuing story.
    LOVE this line:
    "The fierce passion that had willed her shaken spirit this far"

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...another great installment to the story.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ditto.... your story seems to flow easily.
    I envy your diligence. I always have a few stories swirling in my head but lack the character and craft to deliver.

    Thanks for your comments

    Benjamin

    ReplyDelete
  10. The saga continues and good on you for getting some punctuation under control as well (I vacillate widely with my views on how to handle my own work and punctuating ...) - as always a good story to carry your tale forward ... you are weaving the words pretty much effortlessly

    http://thepoet-tree-house.blogspot.ca/2012/09/plain-faith.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great fun to read, and I look forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great storytelling, Jules. You were born to tell engaging tales.

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  13. hmmm, I think I've come into the middle of the story here but I love this line:
    "through thick mists that were
    the protective portal to a dimension that few mortals ever entered alive".
    thanks for Screen/Scene. I truly love it. It's a keeper Jules.
    happy week to you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great story. Interesting to see how it continues.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.