Friday, May 11, 2012

Looking Through That Third Eye for Poetry Jam

Looking Through That Third Eye

It is a well known fact “I hate housekeeping”
I have turned a blind eye to the proliferation of the ‘Dust Bunny’ collony
My home has got that well lived in look, clean but not gleaming,
That will never be featured in one of those high fashion magazines
Or the ones that sport minimalism and spiffy orgainzation

It is a well known fact that I do try, as my hubby says I am “very trying”
I have turned a blind eye to the need to compete and keep up with the Joneses
My home is a zoo of sorts sporting too many collections
The flotsam and jetsam of two grown children
Now our empty nest is littered with our grandsons’ toys

It is a well known fact that I support this universe as best as I can
I have turned a blind eye to the piles collected recycled stuff
That is until I actually trip over them and take the needed effort to
Get it all to where it actually needs to go...batteries, swirly bulbs, newspapers...
Because I’d really rather just look out the window and be inspired

It is a well known fact that most of my family thinks I’m a tad off
I have turned a blind eye to that rebuff because I’ve found others
To share my boat and they in turn help be bail, sail, and float
Out on the perilous seas of blank journal pages yet to be filled
And and jammed with unstructured sentences attempting sense

It is a well known fact that at the drop of a hat I’ll take pause to create
I have turned a blind eye to those who would criticize my methodology
As Popeye would say; “I Yam, what I Yam” - I'm not Mrs. Potato Head
Just perhaps a prolific, sometimes prophetic, player with poetic forms
And maybe I might one day see myself publish professionally...

JulesPaige/davh © May 11, 2012
http://poetryjaam.blogspot.com/2012/05/blind-leading-blind.html
Process notes: I read somewhere it is best to write about what you know.

9 comments:

  1. three are def those it is a good idea to turn a blind eye toward...and glad you found the ones that will help you bail sail and float...smiles....this was fun and a great intro to you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay. This was fun. I am liking your structure. I'm going back to study it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, so much I can personally relate to in this poem. I'm a bit afraid my colony of dust bunnies has turned evil and are plotting against me! Thanks so much for linking up with us over at Poetry Jam.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jules, nice to meet up with you at Poetry Jam. I enjoyed the honesty in this poem, and I think that many of us turn blind eyes to one thing or another; and it is easy for someone else to criticize when they perhaps turn a blind eye to certain things as well. I especially loved the last stanza!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dust bunnies?? What dust bunnies? Lol!! I don't see-um and I love your Popeye reference! Great take on this prompt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here to help you bail since this gave float to my boat. :)

    A fun reading piece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You gave us honesty and did it with incredible flare ... loved this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this honest exposé - I'm with you, 100% ! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. great fun and I rather like what your poem turns a blind eye to - there are more important things in life (imo) than getting rid of every last dust bunny or keeping up with the endless run of joneses...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.